* To ensure that the implementation of land administration in the country and the provision of survey and
mapping services are in line with current government’s policy.
* To enable the National Land Council to function as an effective forum in ensuring the uniformity and
consistency of land administration in the country.
* To draft/coordinate the drafting of legislations/regulations/policies on land matters, survey and mapping.
* Monitor and consolidate the implementation of policies/legislation/regulations and Ministry's decisions that
are related with the land, survey and mapping
* To assist the Minister in the implementation of his powers and functions under the various
legislations/regulations related to land matters, survey and mapping.
* To coordinate follow-up actions on the incoming issues or instructions from the cabinet with the various
departments/agencies within the Ministry on land matters, survey and mapping
* To act as the secretariat and coordinate Malaysian international border meetings and inter-state border
* Consolidate and manage the National Land Council meetings.